Where I used to live, in a small village just outside York, we did enjoy a tradition of doing some outdoor Christmas Carols with a scratch band playing outside a pub on Christmas Eve. It was basically whoever turned up - violin, trombone, viola, double bass, and anyone who wanted to sing. I play melodeon which is a kind of diatonic button accordion, it can only really do the keys of D and G, but that generally works for carols and works fine for the strings.
I wondered if there would be anyone in the York area that would fancy doing a similar thing but busking around the town as a group. Any time leading up for Christmas, we could collect for charity, and slope off to the pub afterwards.
I have a pad of music for about a dozen carols, which is generally enough carols for people to feel like they had a nice carol sing, and stops short of freezing people to death.
Anyone interested?